Saturday, March 31, 2007

Ohma


This here is Ohma. I've mentioned more than once lately how impressed I was with Miyazaki's Nausicaa, one of the most philosophic stories that I read. The character that left the deepest mark upon my soul is Ohma, the Warrior God of Plague. Maybe because he is by far the most tragic of all characters, or maybe because he's closest of my concept of godhood: a human made entity, disappointed of it's creators and creation, thus retired and forgotten, until humans stirred it's peaceful slumber and summoned him up to help with their murderous ways. Tragic because he was the cause of the war in the first place, he was a creation of death and horror, and yet always conscious of his cursed existence.
This is Ohma, Arbitrator, Warrior and Judge. From now on, he will be my profile icon.